Thursday, January 25, 2007

Ten Things I Love About You...

Yesterday was my daughter, Kelsey's seventeenth birthday. I wanted to blog about it, but was a little stumped about what I wanted to express. I could have told the story of her birth (which was a fun ride on it's own!), or I could have talked about how special the last seventeen years have been. Maybe detailed her achievements (she's a gymnast, has been a cheerleader, does great in school, and so on). But today, while driving around running errands and letting my mind wander, the idea of what I really wanted to say just dropped into my head.

Here it is. I hope you enjoy it, but really, I hope she does.

Kelsey, my sweet baby, here is my gift to you on this, your seventeenth birthday.


The Top Ten Things I Love About You

  1. I love you for saying, "Yes" so willingly when I ask for your help - no matter what it is
  2. I love you for how you talk to Kameron
  3. I love you for the way you overcome your fears and do scary things anyway (like the bars, and sleeping in your own room)
  4. I love you for staying up late with me so I won't be lonely
  5. I love you for rubbing my feet and giving me pedicures (and neck rubs!)
  6. I love you for sharing your My Space page with me (brave soul!)
  7. I love you for telling me what you worry about
  8. I love you for your loyalty to me, your family, your friends, and God
  9. I love the way you love Grey's Anatomy and Ugly Betty and Desperate Housewives and Seahawks games
  10. I love you because you love me, just as I am

You are a beautiful, gracious, funny almost-woman and I am truly a better person because you are in my life.

Happy Birthday, baby.




No comments:

Post a Comment