Sunday, March 30, 2008

Woo-Hoo!

Hi Again!

Super long time of silence. The kids and I have been through many, many changes in the past year. We've moved AGAIN, this time into an even smaller house, 1800 square feet, but it's on a really quiet cul-de-sac with lots of neighbor kids and ultimately, it's been positive all around.

We started out three years ago in a house that was a little over 4000 square feet on 11 acres. So it's been a "challenge" (as we stressed out people like to call these earth-shattering events in our lives).

One of the benefits of continual downsizing is that you get to sort through every little thing you own to make sure you have room for the essentials. For instance, the children. I mean, really, shouldn't they have a place inside the house? Aren't they a valuable part of the family?


Thankfully, we have two storage areas, so the boxes have some personal space, too. I estimate we have about twenty that aren't unpacked yet, but its only been seven months since we moved. Hey, I no longer need to search for things in those boxes, so I could probably have a "mystery box" sale on Craigslist. I could sell a box for $5.00 on the condition that the purchaser buy it sight unseen - who knows what's in them! Doesn't that sound fun!!

Apparently, I'd never miss the stuff.

Another benefit of downsizing is that we are getting even closer as a family. For example, we have 1 1/2 baths for seven people. Enough said.

Ah...but God is good! I'll expand on that theme in the days to come. Good to be back!



No comments:

Post a Comment