Wednesday, January 10, 2007

It's Snowing in Seattle!

It's so funny. I move here from Colorado (record snow so far this winter), move home to mild, rainy Seattle, and here comes the crazy weather! This is the second snow here since November. Definitely not the norm.

So here I sit, laptop on lap, feet up...surrounded by my kids doing early-evening after dinner kinds of things while I think about what to blog tonight.

The Left Coast Crime Convention is coming to Seattle next month. I've never been, and since it's so convenient, of course I'm going. Four days of seminars on various aspects of mystery writing. Very cool. With all the distractions in life, it's easy to put my writing on the back burner every day. I'm excited to get around writers who are "doing it" (getting books written) and fellow wannabes. At this point, I'd like to really dig into the process.

Well, I dawdled long enough that the kids are heading off to bed. I love the quiet when they go down, and always think I'll be able to get a bunch done, but usually I'm too darned tired and fall asleep in my chair. Makes me feel tres old.

Makes my neck hurt, too.

I think I'm going to work on my book for a while. Hopefully when I nod off it won't be over the keyboard. Drool is probably not good for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment