Thursday, April 24, 2008

Writing Update...



Well, I joined ACFW (that's the American Christian Fiction Writers Association); this led to joining the local Puget Sound Chapter; this led to joining an online critique group!  Yay for all of this!

It's great because not only am I now networking with other writers (published and un), which is terrific and very educational, but I am also now accountable to put forth a chapter a week in order to participate in the critique group.  You know, you have to HAVE something to critique to participate in critiquing... funny how that works out.

So, I'm working like a fiend on my book-plotting away and creating story folk right and left, researching my settings and firming up suspects so that I can get that first chapter to my group.

I'm very close.  I'm not sure if all the children will survive the writing of my first complete mystery, but what is it they say?  "Acceptable losses"?  

Just kidding, of course.  I'd never do anything to jeopardize the well-being of my loving, lovely children.  Humm.  I sense a new plot hatching.

No comments:

Post a Comment