Monday, April 14, 2008

Spring Break


Well, my children are back in school today!  This must count as Spring Break for me, right?  I love my kiddos, but having five of them home, all at the same time... it does get a little tense.

It seems like they kind of expect me to be the entertainment committee.  As far as I know, that's not in my job description.  I provide the materials, they provide the imagination, right?

Oh well.  Today they went back - homework and early to bed tonight!

Over the break, I shot my daughter's Senior pictures.  She managed to do two locations, and two changes of clothes, then she was done.  So, I still have a few more I'd like to do.  We'll see if I can recapture her attention before school gets out.   Here are a few of my favorites:




That's my "baby" girl.  Your momma isn't kidding when she says it goes by fast.  I distinctly remember wrapping her up in blankies and changing her diapers.  Somewhere in between that and these pics, she was a scrawny gymnast (with fabulous shoulders!), and then a taller-than-most cheerleader (with a J-Lo bootie).

I'm not so good with this empty nest thing.  These not-quite-kids, and not-quite-adults have shared the last eighteen to twenty one years with me.  They have good brains and terrific values.  They will be fine.   I'm not so sure about me!   



Spring break next year will definitely be different.  Both will be in college; where is still undecided.  My prayer, of course, is that it will be nearby.  But God's gotten us all this far and I know without a shadow of doubt that He will see us all safely Home.  Maybe for vacations? 

No comments:

Post a Comment