Tuesday, March 21, 2006

In Search of Suspects...

WANTED:

FIVE OR SIX SHADY CHARACTERS.
MUST HAVE LITTLE OR NO ALIBI FOR THE AFTERNOON OF SEPTEMBER 24TH, 2000.
MUST BE WILLING TO BE TIED TO MY VICTIM, DAVID MACKENZIE, AND BE WILLING TO COME UNDER INTENSE SCRUTINY AND SUSPICION.
POSITIONS IMMEDIATELY AVAILABLE-NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY, PAY NEGOTIABLE

I wish it were that simple...

Here I am, plotting away, when I realize that, while I have my victim and my villain, and while I have my main characters fleshed out nicely...I don't have any other suspects!! What the heck is a mystery without a mystery? Without clues, red herrings, bunny trails, and lots of people for readers to narrow their eyes at, considering, figuratively tapping a finger on their chin...


Gee Whiz! What an amatuer!

So, that's where I am today, and will be until I find them-all my suspects. Any and all may apply. I'll take temps or day laborers.

Does anyone have an uncle Guido?


Another sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment